Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Many Shades of Hymn

So I was enjoying the lyrics of the hymn "When We All Get to Heaven" this morning.

Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,
Sing His mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and bless├Ęd
He’ll prepare for us a place.

Refrain:
When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!

While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.

Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.

Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we’ll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.


I thought it would be cool to look up the song on youtube to see if I could learn it. I think it would be a great hymn to teach my kids. I love the whole theme of when "we" all get to heaven. I found some fun videos on youtube that are worth sharing.

The Bluegrass Version

The kid playing mandolin on this is really good! I am guessing that is mom back there on the upright bass and she is either smiling because she is excited about her son or she just plain likes singing to Jesus.

Fieldcrest Road Church of God in Eden, North Carolina Version
First off, I think this looks like a sweet church and I think I would feel totally at home here. I love the elderly lady up leading the singing, she looks very thrilled to be there. I also love how everything comes to a halt at the end of each verse and then the drummer picks things back up again and away we go!

Gordon Henderson & John Ramsey Version
The first thing I noticed in this video was the man's rainbow striped polo. I wonder what people would think of me if I wore a rainbow striped polo? Next I love the combover of the soloist. It's too bad the camera revealed the teleprompter in the corner while he was starting. I thought these folks all knew the lyrics. I guess it's like some sort of "karaoke in the round."

The Brad Paisley Version
Before you think I am obsessed with Mr Paisley, you need to know that I like this version for the music, not the pictures... It really is my favorite version, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment